Thursday, September 3, 2015

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Making your own homemade taco seasoning is just about one of the easiest things you can do.  I bet you have all of the spices in your pantry!  I swear it just tastes fresher and better than buying it in a packet.  And you can control the salt!


This picture is the main reason I started making my own taco seasoning.  The picture on the right was a jar of seasoning I had in my pantry.  I mean the first ingredient is chili pepper and the second is 'other spices'?  What does that even mean?  Paprika extract (and just for color)...why not just use paprika?


Anyway, after discovering that, I never bought from the store again!  My family never noticed the switch.  This seasoning is amazing!


I don't really even measure when I make it anymore.  I just eyeball it and it's great every time.  I store it in jelly jars that I've saved or a plastic storage container.  It keeps great and I end up using so fast that it's never lost it's freshness!  


Looks great, right?  The color is perfect and you won't believe how great it smells!  Exactly like a packet of taco seasoning, but without all the artificial ingredients and preservatives.  Once you make it once, I swear you'll never go back to store-bought!  

Makes about a cup 

Homemade Taco Seasoning

1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cumin
2 tablespoons (optional or use to taste)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Combine all of the ingredients and store in an airtight container.  To use - 3 tablespoons equals a packet of seasoning.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved