Friday, October 2, 2015

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

It's no secret that my family loves our pancakes!!  I think this is my 6th blog post on a different flavor of pancakes.  And these whole wheat blueberry pancakes are the bomb!! 


My family seems to go in waves of what fruit they like best...we go strong on one type for a few weeks, then we move on.  For awhile, we were all obsessed with blueberries!  So we put them in everything - oatmeal, muffins, pancakes, you name it.


Pancakes are our Sunday morning tradition.  This healthier, clean version may not be as easy as just pouring it out of a bag and mixing with water, but they are totally worth it.  And honestly, they are SUPER easy.  So experiment away!!  Be sure to check out my other versions here...

Yields about 30 mini pancakes

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon honey
2 large eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
organic butter or coconut oil for frying 

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add the honey, eggs, milk and whisk until everything is combined.  Carefully fold in the blueberries.  Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat.  Add butter or coconut oil to melt and coat the bottom.  Spoon batter onto griddle or pan, using about 1/4 cup.  When bubbles start to form on the top, flip the pancakes and cook on the other side.  Remove from pan, repeat with butter and batter.  Serve with maple syrup. 

To freeze: place pancakes in a freezer bag.  Heat for a minute in the microwave to serve!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved