Monday, October 26, 2015

Coconut Chocolate Chip Granola

Granola is so incredibly easy and good for you...yet I hardly ever think to make it!  I've tried a few versions, and I have to say this coconut chocolate chip granola is fantastic and such a wonderful healthy snack. 


The oats promote heart health and are a great source of fiber, as are flax seeds!  Flax seeds and the nuts also contain Omega-3's which are good, healthy fats and are also excellent for your heart and help AID in weight loss. 


And yes, of course I added dark chocolate bits...yum!!  This granola is amazing mixed with Greek yogurt, which I often mix with dark chocolate chips so I thought, why not add them all together?  It's completely optional though...in fact I actually did 1/2 the batch without because my husband enjoys eating this granola with milk, like cereal.  


I hope you all enjoy as much as my family did.  I caught my 18 month carrying the storage container around quite a few times shoveling handfuls of it in her mouth.  Thinking I may make a double batch next time!


Makes about 3 cups

Coconut Chocolate Chip Granola

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup flax seed
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  In a microwave safe bowl, combine the coconut oil, honey and maple syrup and microwave for 15-30 seconds to slightly melt everything.  In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, chopped nuts, flax seed and raisins.  Pour the coconut oil mixture over top and stir until everything is coated.

Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown (it will be soft when it first comes out of the oven and harden as it cools).  Add the chocolate chips when the granola has cooled.  Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or freeze for up to 2 months.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved