Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Garlic Roasted Broccoli

I'm always on the hunt for new and interesting ways to prepare veggies.  And ways that my kids will eat their veggies without me having to drown them in some sort of cheese sauce (or bribe them).


So far, the one way that we ALL seem to love our veggies is roasted!  They take on a great flavor, and you can add any spices or seasonings that you like.  My 5-year old gobbled up 3 servings of this broccoli.  Unfortunately, I added a bit too much red pepper flakes for my other two younger ones, but know better for next time! 


Lots of garlic, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes if you like.  Toss with olive oil (the above picture is before they went in the oven).  Is simple and easy and is an awesome side dish for fish or chicken. 
  
Serves 4

Garlic Roasted Broccoli

2 big or 3 smaller heads of broccoli
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
pinch of red pepper flakes 
sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Cut the broccoli florets off of the stalks and cut each one into bite size pieces.  Place the broccoli on a baking sheet large enough to have them in a single layer.  Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle the garlic, red pepper and salt and pepper over top and mix with your hands until all the broccoli pieces are coated evenly with everything.  Roast for 20-25 minutes or until they are crisp-tender and some of the florets are browned.  Serve immediately. 

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved