Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Homemade Magic Shell

This, to me and especially my kids, IS like MAGIC!  How very cool to watch it go from runny to a crisp, chocolate shell when poured over ice cream.


Only two ingredients - chocolate and coconut oil.  Which, if you are like our house, we are never without coconut oil.  It has pretty much become a replacement for all butters and oils and we all love it!  I love knowing that this is so much better for my kids than the store-bought version full of preservatives.  


You can use dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet, peanut butter chips or even a combination!  How good would chocolate peanut butter be?! 


I store mine in a little jelly jar I saved.  Just reheat whenever you feel like a bit of ice cream, drizzle, watch the magic happen, and enjoy!!

Makes about 1 cup

Homemade Magic Shell 

1 1/2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 TBSP coconut oil

Melt together in the microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between until completely melted. Drizzle over ice cream and store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge.  Reheat in the microwave when serving again.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved