Sunday, December 1, 2013

Strawberry Blackberry Freezer Jam

Ready to have fresh jam in your fridge and freezer in 30 minutes?  I never knew that making jam could be so easy.  I used Ball Real Fruit Instant Pectin and in about a half an hour, I had 3 jars of this wonderfully, fresh, tasty jam!


The strawberries were fresh, but frozen over the summer when I purchased way too much at one point.  The blackberries were purchased frozen and can be omitted (or substituted!) if you don't care for them.  They definitely gave this jam a more tart flavor.  You'll need 2 1/2 cups of whichever fruit you choose, defrosted if you are using frozen.  


I love the color!  My kids love to just slather it on a bagel (toasted or not) or any kind of good bread for breakfast or a snack. 


My jars are Weck, 12 oz.  I kept one in the fridge and the other 2 in the freezer (they will keep up to a year).  Such little effort for so much product - would make a great neighbor or teacher gift! 

Makes 3 (12 oz) jars

Strawberry Blackberry Freezer Jam

1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled
1 cup blackberries
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons instant pectin

In a medium bowl, combine the fruit and crush with a potato masher.  In another bowl, combine the sugar and pectin and stir.  Add the fruit and stir for 3 minutes.  Ladle jam into jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace (to allow for expansion during freezing) and let sit for 30 minutes.  

Use immediately and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or the freezer for up to a year.  

(Source:  Recipe adapted from freshpreserving.com)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved