Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pimento Cheese

Pimento cheese...so Southern, so good.  I was buying it from the grocery store until I discovered how easy it is to make on my own.  Cream cheese, mayonnaise, and definitely sharp cheddar cheese.  There are differences in recipes where some use only mayo, no cream cheese, but on the sharp cheddar cheese, there is no substitute.  


 Incredible with butter crackers, veggies or in a grilled cheese (my favorite!).


Makes 3 cups 

Pimento Cheese

3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons diced pimentos
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Add the remaining ingredients, beat until well blended and the shredded cheese has been broken up some.  Serve with crackers or as a dip for veggies.

  Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved