Thursday, November 21, 2013

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

Just in time to start baking for the Holidays!  I know these will definitely be on my cookie list - they are my husband's favorite.  


In the past, I've bought the prepared tube of peanut butter dough, but I am so in love with this recipe that I'll never go back.  And believe me, that says a lot because I am the queen of shortcuts!  I think you'll probably need to buy the large bag of kisses - I honestly have no idea how many are in each bag, but just know that this recipe makes 4 dozen cookies.  Plus, you never know how many will end up in your kid's mouths and not in the cookies!

Makes 4 dozen

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
48 Hershey kisses 

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking sodand salt.  Set aside.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter.  Add the eggs and vanilland mix.  Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix until everything is combined.  

Place cookie batter into the fridge until firm, about 2 hours.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into balls.  Roll in the extrgranulated sugar and place on greased or non-stick cooking sheets about 3 inches apart. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.  Immediately press a kiss into the center of each cookie (don't worry if the cookie cracks).  Let cool completely.  

(Source:  Dough recipe adapted from About.com)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved