Friday, December 6, 2013

Pretzel Bites

This is the best recipe I've found for pretzel bites.  I've tried a few, but I love the simplicity of the ingredients, plus the added brown sugar that gives it a touch of sweetness.

  

I love very simple pairings - like serving these with just regular ol' yellow mustard.  My favorite! 


This recipe makes a lot, but beware - they are addicting.  I think I may have eaten half the batch myself when they were first made (which is when they are the absolute best).  Great for a party snack, but maybe consider doubling the recipe.    

Makes about 60 bites

Pretzel Bites                                                                                                                        

2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup warm milk (110-115 degrees)
2 1/2 - 3 cups of flour
1 package instant dry yeast
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1-2 tablespoons kosher salt 

In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook (or stir by hand), combine the brown sugar, milk, 2 1/2 cups of flour and the yeast.  Stir until a soft dough forms, adding the remaining flour as needed (dough should be soft, but not really sticky).  Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead to form a smooth ball.   

Spray the inside of a large bowl with non-stick cooking spray.  Transfer the dough to the bowl and cover with a clean dish towel.  Allow to rise for about 2 hours until dough has doubled in size.  

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.  Punch it down and divide into 4 equal pieces.  Start rolling and stretching each piece of dough to about 12 inches long.  Cut into 1-inch pieces and transfer to a greased cookie sheet.  Let rest, uncovered for about 30 minutes and preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Bring 6 cups of water to boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer.  Boil pretzels in batches, cooking about 20 seconds on each side (they will be slightly puffed).  Use a slotted spoon to transfer them back to the baking sheets.  Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 15 minutes.  

Brush warm pretzel bites with melted butter and sprinkle generously with kosher salt.  Serve immediately.  

(Source:  Adapted from Pip and Ebby)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved