Monday, March 10, 2014

Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

 So easy and fast, you'll use this as your go-to recipe from now on.  This is a basic vanilla buttercream and it is amazing.  There's no need to buy store bought anymore!  


If you have this recipe up your sleeve, then you can very easily add to it to make different flavors.  To make chocolate, just add 4 ounces of melted and cooled semi-sweet chocolate when you add the vanilla.  


So light and fluffy!  Spreads easily and you can control the consistency by adding more or less cream (or none at all!).  I should point out that I have used everything from whipping cream to milk (depending on what was in my fridge) and got pretty consistent results every time.  

Yields 2 cups

Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

3 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons cream or milk

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the butter and sugar on low until combined.  Increase speed to medium and beat for about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon cream and mix for 1 more minute.  Add more cream if desired.

Use immediately or store covered in fridge for up to 3 days.  Bring to room temperature before using.  

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved