Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Homemade Chex Mix

We love Chex Mix in our house.  And as much as we love it from the bag, we love this homemade version even more so.  It's incredibly addicting.  Salty and buttery and tangy from the Worcestershire sauce.  Just you wait...once you make it, you won't be able to stop eating it!   


I have always done mine in the oven.  Yes, it takes longer (a lot longer) than the 5 or so minutes in the microwave, but this recipe is from a good friend's mom and that's how she made hers.  I'm not knocking the quicker way, I've just never tried it! 


My favorite pieces are the ones that get extra coated in the seasoning and are a bit chewy.  I also usually make it with just the cereal, but we have a ton of the mini twists pretzels in the house so I tossed them in as well.  You can also throw in nuts or bagel chips.  Just so you have about 12 cups of the whole mixture. 

Serves 12 

Homemade Chex Mix

1 1/2 sticks butter
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons seasoning salt
9 cups Chex cereal
3 cups pretzels

Preheat oven to 225 degrees and place the sticks of butter on an 11 x 18-inch baking sheet.  Place the pan into the oven until the butter melts.  Remove pan from oven and add Worcestershire sauce and seasoning salt to the melted butter.  Stir to combine.

Pour Chex cereal and pretzels on top of melted butter mixture and carefully stir to coat everything.  Put pan back into the oven for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Pour finished Chex mix onto paper towels to drain.  Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved