Thursday, September 27, 2012

Nutella and Banana Crepes

I have been dying to try my hand at making crepes but honestly, I thought that they would be a lot more difficult than they were.  Guess what!  Not at all difficult!  They are too easy!  Which may or may not be a good thing - these Nutella and banana crepes were ah-mazing.  The batter whips up in minutes, they cook in another minute or two and then you slather on some Nutella, a couple of cut bananas and fold away!  Or roll, or fold in half...really your preference.  Also, is it bad that I served these for breakfast?  I mean, they're sort of like pancakes, right?  They would also make for a fabulous dessert.     


So, there's no need to be intimidated by making Crepes...I know once you try them, you'll make them over and over again.  Oooo...with strawberries and whipped cream, or nutella and strawberries, or raspberries...stop me before I go crazy with this!  I can't wait to make more.  And I know that you will have all the ingredients to make these...so, what are you waiting for???  Enjoy!

Makes 8 crepes

Nutella and Banana Crepes

1 cup flour
2 eggs 
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted

In a large bowl or batter bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs.  Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine.  Add the salt and butter and beat until smooth (it will be VERY runny - much thinner than pancake batter).

Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray (I did this in between each crepe) and heat over medium high heat.  Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and tilt with a circular motion so the batter coats the surface evenly.  

Cook for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown (so it can be easily flipped).  Turn with a spatula and cook the other side for about a minute.  Remove from pan and immediately top with a tablespoon of Nutella and spread over the entire crepe.  Place about 4 slices of banana in the top 1/4 of the crepe.  Fold in half, then half again.

Repeat process with the remaining batter.  Serve warm and dust with powered sugar right before serving.  

(Source:  from allrecipes.com)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved