Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lemon Cheesecake

As I'm sitting here typing this recipe, I am able to look out my window and see my lemon tree with about 6 almost full size lemons growing on it (it's a small tree).  We've had this tree for 3 years, but it never produced any lemons until this year.  We were so excited!  I honestly thought we got a defective plant.  

My lemon tree..


So, the lemon for this cheesecake did not come from my tree, but believe me, first chance I get, I'll be sure to use one and let you know.  


I love the buttery, graham cracker crust and the creamy lemon topping.  It's not a super thick cheesecake, in fact, it almost reminds me of more of a tart, but it's really decadent and so tasty.

Makes 1 Cake 

Lemon Cheesecake 

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 (8 oz) bars of cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup of sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons lemon zest (1 lemon)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from the same lemon)

Preheat oven to 325 and prepare crust.  In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.  Stir until moistened.  Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

Place the cream cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth.  Add sugar, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice; blend until smooth.

Pour mixture over hot crust in pan and bake until set, about 30-35 minutes.  Cool completely, cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge.  Serve cold.

  Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! All citrus take a while to make fruit. Took same three years when I had orange tress in NOLA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cher - just saw this comment! Only 3 months later, ha ha! Good to know about the trees. Hopefully we'll get more next year too.

      Delete

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved