Friday, August 10, 2012

Chocolate Puff Pastry Treats

This recipe is so completely versatile...I just happen to love chocolate and bananas together, not to mention anything that tastes like S'mores!  So, that's how I chose my ingredients for these Puff Pastry treats.  Chocolate chips, bananas, and marshmallows...I am thinking a good dollop of Nutella or even candies like peanut butter cups or Rolos would be awesome!  Just follow the instructions and fill with whatever you're little heart desires.  

16 squares cut out and filled with goodies! 

Little puffs dusted with confectioner's sugar

                
 Ooey, gooey middles!

1 Puff Pastry sheet, thawed
1 banana, sliced
about 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
about 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1 egg
1 teaspoon water
confectioner's sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a small bowl, beat the egg with water and set aside.  Roll the Puff Pastry sheet to a 12 inch square on a lightly floured surface.  Cut into 16 even squares.  Fill each square with about a teaspoon of your mixture (bananas and chocolate chips and/or chocolate chips and marshmallows).  Lightly brush the edges of the squares with the egg mixture.  Pull up 2 opposite sides over the middle and pinch to seal the edges.  Place the filled pastries on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown.  Let cool and dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.  



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved