Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are almost too easy to make.  And a lot better for you than regular cookies.  Minutes of your time and you have a fantastic after school snack.   


I adapted the recipe from Bethenny Frankel.   Some of the substitutions I made were using skim milk instead of soy and using white granulated sugar for raw sugar.  The banana and small amount of canola oil keep these moist and incredibly flavorful.  


Just 1/2 cup of sugar and no eggs or butter.  Which means, no guilt when giving these to your kiddos.  They will scarf these up - just you watch!  Every time I make these, which is often, my four year old says, "Mommy these are SO good!".  Love it. 

Makes 2 Dozen

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon skim milk
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, mix the oil, skim milk, banana and vanilla.   Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until everything is combined.  Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges turn a golden brown.  Let sit for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.

(Source:  Recipe adapted from Bethenny Frankel)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved