Monday, May 25, 2015

Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

WOW - how pretty, right?  And it's so simple - sometimes simple is best!  I did three ingredients for this salad - spinach, strawberries and chopped almonds.


The poppy seed dressing is amazing!!  I was trying to come up with one that did not contain milk or mayo to keep it lighter.  It is perfect.  A bit tangy and sweet and SO good.  


As I was preparing and eating this salad, I kept thinking of all the different add-ins I could do. Crumbled feta, avocado, red onion, grilled chicken, even bacon.  But like I said, sometimes simple is best and I loved this salad as is.  But I definitely will be experimenting with more flavors in the future!
 
Serves 2-4

Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing 

10 oz of baby spinach
1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup chopped almonds

For the dressing 
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved