Monday, May 20, 2013

Classic Deviled Eggs

My 3-year old is on a hard-boiled egg kick lately - I've been making about a dozen at a time just to keep up with her!  But she doesn't eat the yolks.  Makes me cut out "the yellow" every time.  Anyway, all that yolk removing (and trying to not be wasteful) reminded me of deviled eggs.  One of my husband's favorite picnic foods.  This is a very classic version and so tasty.   


You may want to start with 1/2 a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and go from there.  I would drink that stuff if it was acceptable.  I love it!!  And knowing me, I probably used more than the tablespoon I wrote down.  So use it to your taste. 


Classic Deviled Eggs

6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and cut in half
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
salt and pepper
paprika for garnish

Remove the yolks from eggs and place in a small bowl.  Add the mayo, vinegar, sugar and mustard; stir all together.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Use a spoon or piping bag to fill eggs with yolk mixture and garnish with paprika. Store covered in the fridge. 

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved