Friday, May 31, 2013

Chocolate Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats

Kind of redundant, right?  I know, Rice Krispie Treats already have marshmallows...but these have EXTRA marshmallows and chocolate chips!  And are still one of the easiest desserts you will ever make. 


Um, ridiculously good looking, right?  I think I've pretty much eaten the whole pan myself.

 Makes about 24 squares

Chocolate Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats

1/4 cup butter
1 (10.5oz) bag of mini marshmallows, plus 1 extra cup (you'll have to buy 2 bags - I know, what a drag)
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 1/2 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows on low heat, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  In a large bowl, pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir until combined.  Add the extra cup of marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir again (should be cooled enough that the extra marshmallows don't melt, but the chocolate chips do just a little bit).  

Spread into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan and cool completely.  Cut into bars. 

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved