Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cilantro and Lime Vinaigrette

I found this recipe on Pinterest and just had to give it a try - cilantro and lime together just sounds so refreshing and summery doesn't it?  And I don't know about you, but I'm addicted to chopped salads.  A friend of mine once said that she loves salads but hates making them at home because they are never as good as when you get them out.  So true, right?  But honestly, this vinaigrette will NOT disappoint!  And using good, fresh ingredients like crisp Romaine, tomatoes, good cheese and of course something crunchy like nuts or tortilla strips will make you feel like you are sitting in your favorite little cafe enjoying a fantastic, light and refreshing dinner.    


I just love the colors of this dressing.  I doubled the recipe so I had enough that I could eat it for a couple of days (made about 2 cups versus the original 1 cup). 


Here's where you can make the salad completely your own.  I used Romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, shredded cheddar cheese and spicy tortilla strips.  If I had a tomato, that would have gone in too.  

Cilantro and Lime Vinaigrette

2/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
1 teaspoon garlic
2 tablespoons chipotle chilies in adobo (or a bit more if you like it really spicy)
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste if  necessary
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except for the canola oil and cilantro.  Pulse to combine.  Slowly add the canola oil to emulsify to the vinaigrette.  Add the cilantro and pulse to combine.  Serve over salad with all your favorite toppings!   

(Source:  Adapted from Your Home Based Mom)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved