Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Broccoli Salad

I have always loved broccoli salad, but never had a good recipe for it...until now.  This comes from my husband's cousin (thanks Shelly!) and it just has so many levels of flavor it in.  From the crisp broccoli and bacon to the chewy raisins and the tangy dressing - it is so good.  


I love that the mayonnaise-based dressing is not too heavy.  Makes a great side dish while you're grilling this summer.  So easy and so delicious, just my style.  And to make it even easier, I've also used the fresh, already chopped and washed broccoli that you can find in the produce section.  Talk about a time saver!

Serves 6-8

Broccoli Salad

1 large head of broccoli
1/2 pack of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons milk
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Chop broccoli off of the stems into bite size pieces.  Toss the broccoli with the bacon, cheese and raisins in a medium bowl.  Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, milk and soy sauce in separate bowl and pour sauce over broccoli mixture.  Refrigerate before serving.
  
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved