Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bites

You know my love of chocolate, peanut butter and oats!  I'm addicted (seriously, it's a problem)!  But, I have to say that I feel pretty good about giving these to my family.  And they're so fast to make, like 5 minutes and you're done ~ and that includes rolling time.  



4 tablespoons chocolate chips, divided
4 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter, divided 
2 tablespoons fat free milk
1 cup oats
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey

Microwave 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons peanut butter and the milk for 30 seconds.  Stir (if not completely melted, do another 10-20 seconds).  Add the remaining ingredients including the extra 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon peanut butter; stir.  Roll into balls or press into a 8x8 pan to make bars.  Place in fridge or freezer until set (at this point you can cut them into bars if you pressed them in a pan). 

(Source:  Adapted from Averie Cooks)
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved