Saturday, July 25, 2015

Popcorn with Dark Chocolate Drizzle

We love our popcorn popper!  And since we've discovered how awesome coconut oil is as a topping for our air-popped popcorn, this snack has definitely become a staple in our house.


So the other night I thought I would try something new - chocolate drizzled on top.  Sweet and salty - amazing!  


I didn't even tell my kids I was doing it.  Our popcorn maker makes 8 cups of popcorn at a time so I gave them half with just the coconut oil and salt and kept the other 4 cups aside.  And the only reason?  Because you have to wait for the chocolate to firm up in the fridge and they are NOT that patient...this way was much better, trust me.  When I placed it down in front of them, they were like, "is that CHOCOLATE - on POPCORN??"    


It was gone in seconds.  I'm not sure if my husband even got to try any - they were totally boxing him out!  A really good treat that isn't entirely bad for you.  Of course now every time I make popcorn...  

 Serves 4 

Popcorn with Dark Chocolate Drizzle

4 cups air-popped popcorn
4 teaspoons coconut oil
sea salt to taste
2 TBSP dark chocolate,chopped

Toss the just popped popcorn with the coconut oil and sea salt.  Pour out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Heat the dark chocolate in the microwave for about 30 seconds, stirring to make sure it's completely melted.  Take a fork or spoon and drizzle the melted chocolate all over the popcorn.  Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate has set.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved