Wednesday, July 22, 2015

No-Bake Energy Bars

I can't remember the last time I bought granola bars for my family!  We seem to always have some homemade version in the house.  I love this recipe because it sneaks in flax seeds and chia seeds, which are both great sources of fiber, antioxidants and Omega-3's (healthy fats!).  


Add in peanut butter, chocolate chips and raisins and your kiddos won't know they are good for them! No processed sugars, just honey for added sweetness.  These are amazing! 


























Just a bit crunchy from the seeds and chocolate chips, but gooey and dense and not dried out at all!  I kept mine stored in the fridge because they do get really soft when left at room temperature.  And I can't forget to mention that these literally take about 5 minutes to whip up!  So easy you'll never go back to store-bought again. 

Makes 9 large bars or 16 bites

No-Bake Energy Bars

1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup skim or almond milk
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds

In a large bowl, combine the oats, peanut butter, honey and milk; stir until mixed.  Add the raisins, chocolate chips, flax seeds and chia seeds and stir until everything is incorporated.  Press mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan, cover and refrigerate a couple of hours, or until it hardens some.  Slice into bars or bite size pieces and keep stored in the fridge.

(Source:  adapted from Skinny Ms.)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved