Monday, December 22, 2014

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie

I'll start by saying - not healthy!!  But so good!!!  And a little indulgence every once in awhile is ok.  Plus, it's almost Christmas...and that sort of makes it ok.  You're with family, and you're gonna indulge.  It's only human.  


I make this pie every Thanksgiving and we have it at Christmas too.  I did not add the nuts this time, but usually it's walnuts or pecans.  Pecans more so I think.


So buttery and rich and awesome with whipped cream (yes, from a can!) or ice cream.  You can serve it at room temperature or eat cold right out of the fridge...like for breakfast the next morning.  Shhh...I didn't say that!! ;)


Serves 8-10

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie

1 unbaked deep dish pie shell, thawed if frozen
2 eggs 
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
Whipped cream or ice cream

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Beat eggs in a large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy.  Beat in flour and the sugars.  Beat in butter.  Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.  Pour mixture into pie shell.  
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted halfway between the edge and center comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack.  Serve warm or room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.

(Source: recipe from Nestle Toll House)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved