Monday, December 15, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Banana Oat Muffins

We can't get enough of pumpkin muffins in our house!  I make them a LOT so I've been trying to come up with a couple of variations on them.  The mini versions are perfect for snacks for my preschoolers! 


Good and good for you - no butter, white flour or processed sugars!  My kids gobble these up!  You can make a double batch to keep in the freezer.  I simply throw a bunch of the muffins in a freezer bag and toss them in.  When you are ready to eat them, just let them sit at room temperature for a couple of hours.  They taste like you just baked them!  


This recipe is adapted from my regular Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins.  You could also do those as a mini version - how cute, right?  I do love the little sprinkle of oats on the top of these though.  Hope you enjoy!     

24 mini muffins

Mini Pumpkin Banana Oat Muffins

1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup old fashioned oats + more for topping
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs 
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 ripe banana, mashed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and baking powder.  Add the eggs, honey and applesauce until just combined (do not overmix).  Add the pumpkin puree and banana and mix again.  

Divide the batter equally among the muffins cups (I used a small cookie scoop) to about 3/4 of the way full.  Sprinkle a pinch of oats on top of each muffin.  Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, 15-18 minutes.  Store at room temperature or freeze.  

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved