Monday, October 27, 2014

Southwestern Quiche

The night I made this was one of those nights where I was scrambling for time and didn't have a clue about what do for dinner (hate that!).  This came together quickly, cooked perfectly and we loved it! 


The thing I love about a quiche is that you can make them all your own.  Whatever ingredients you feel like adding...go for it!  Bell peppers?  Ham, bacon, sausage?  Sure!  The cheese I used was a Mexican blend with spices already added in.  But you can use cheddar, pepper jack, or whatever your preference is.  
  

I love how the black beans sink to the bottom to almost form a crust.  I added cilantro on top for a bit of freshness and it went SO well with the dish.  So the next time you are stumped for dinner, think eggs!  They aren't just for breakfast.  Enjoy!

Serves 6-8

Southwestern Quiche

8 large eggs
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2/3 cup low-sodium black beans
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack or a blend)
Cilantro, for garnish
Salsa, optional

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.  In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper.  Pour the egg mixture into the pie dish.

Sprinkle the black beans and tomatoes on top of the egg mixture. Top with cheese.  Bake until the egg is set in the center and starting to brown, 30-35 minutes.

Let cool for about 10 minutes, then cut into wedges.  Serve garnished with cilantro and salsa if desired.

(Source:  adapted from Cookin' Canuck)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved