Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

This is definitely going to be on repeat in our house from now on.  Incredibly easy and incredibly good!!   


You can use more onion than I did.  The original recipe called for an entire onion.  I like the flavor onions give, but my husband is not a huge fan and I know he will pick around them.  The awesome thing is that once everything is cooked, the veggies are so tender and almost caramelized.  Yum!!


The chicken falls apart.  I used chicken tenders so they were really easy to slice.  And I may have to add more chicken next time especially since I'm the only one that ended up eating the veggies in my tortilla!  I kept telling my husband that you literally cannot tell what you are biting into and that he would like the veggies, but...no go.


I mean how good does all this look??  You can even double the spice mixture and save for the next time.  Less work when you make them again!  I used corn tortillas but flour will do.  I had an amazing taco from a food truck recently where they doubled the corn tortilla, it was delicious!!

Serves 4

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

1/2 large yellow onion
2 bell peppers (I used 1 red and 1 green)
1 pound chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lime
8 (6-inch flour or corn tortillas)
cilantro (optional)
sour cream (optional)

Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Mix the ingredients for the seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.  Cut the onion and bell peppers into 1/4-inch wide strips.  Place them in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.  Slice the chicken breasts into very thin strips and add it to the vegetables.

Sprinkle the seasoning over the over the meat and vegetables.  Drizzle the olive oil over everything and use your hands to toss the ingredients until everything is well coated.  Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.  Squeeze half of the lime over the chicken and veggies after it comes out of the oven.

Serve by scooping a small amount of chicken and veggies into the center of a tortilla.  Top with cilantro, more lime and sour cream if desired.

(Source:  Adapted from Budget Bytes)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved