Monday, August 11, 2014

Chocolate Sorbet

I was so in the mood for chocolate ice cream the other day!  I remembered making Ina Garten's chocolate sorbet ages ago so I looked up that recipe again.  And in an effort to make it "cleaner" I substituted the white sugar for honey.  Perfection!!  


I used regular cocoa powder, but the added coffee makes this sorbet taste so decadent and rich - like dark chocolate!  I know they make a dark cocoa powder so you may even want to try that (and omit the coffee).  Like a grown up version of chocolate ice cream and it's so good!!!

Serves 4
Chocolate Sorbet

3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups water
1/4 cup brewed coffee

In a large saucepan, mix the honey, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt.  Stir in 2 cups water and the coffee.  Cook over low heat until the ingredients are dissolved.  Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.

Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.  The sorbet will still be soft; place it in a plastic container and freeze for 1 hour or overnight.

(Source:  Adapted from Ina Garten)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved