Thursday, August 14, 2014

Asian Pasta Salad

I love pasta salads and am constantly on the search for new and different ones.  I am in love with this recipe!  Since making it the first time, I've made it quite a few other times.  Great to take to a summer picnic or as lunch on the beach. 


It's so light.  No mayo or other heavy ingredients.  And the flavors just blend so well together.  I used a rotisserie chicken to make it even easier!  I also used frozen, but thawed, spinach leaves.  You can use fresh spinach and it won't appear so wilted.

 

The original recipe also called for shredded carrots, but I didn't have any on hand.  I may add them another time for an added crunch - or a bell pepper.  Either way, it's just an all around tasty and good lookin' pasta salad!    

Serves 4

Asian Pasta Salad

8 oz whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons diced green onion (green and white parts)
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breasts
1 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro

Make pasta as directed on box and set aside.  Mix olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, green onion, ginger, salt and pepper with a whisk until combined.

In a medium bowl, combine pasta, chicken, spinach and cilantro.  Pour dressing mixture over ingredients in bowl and toss until everything is coated evenly.  Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper to taste.  Serve and keep leftovers in fridge.

(Source: adapted from Lil' Luna)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved