Monday, December 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

I finally got a real camera!  No more using my Iphone to take pictures for my blog!  I feel so professional.  I have been pining over the Nikon 3200 and my wonderfully awesome husband surprised me with it for our anniversary.  Well, anniversary/Christmas/birthday and probably next year's anniversary gift...

OMG, there is so much to learn.  I'm sure I will look back on these pictures and laugh at some point, but to me, right now, I am super stoked at how they look.  Yay!  Now onto the brownies...


This recipe is a super simple way to jazz up brownies from a box.  I love box brownies - no fail, super moist and fudgy every time.  And easy!  


The brownies are prepared according the package directions, then a mixture of butter, peanut butter, confectioner's sugar and vanilla are swirled throughout the batter.  I used Martha Stewart's recipe for the peanut butter filling, so you know it's going to be good.    


 Makes 16 brownies

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies 

1 box of brownie mix and everything you need to make the brownies - eggs, oil, water (I used Duncan Hines Double Fudge, but use your favorite)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare brownies according to package directions.  Pour batter into greased 9x9 square baking pan.  

Make the peanut butter filling:  combine butter, peanut butter, salt and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.  Drop dollops of filling (about a tablespoon each) onto the batter, about an inch apart.  Using a butter knife, gently swirl the peanut butter filling through the brownie batter.  Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs.  

(Source:  filling adapted from Martha Stewart's Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved