Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Ah, these are so good!!  Like a popover, light and airy with all the best flavor combinations; thank you Rachael Ray!  I made my version of these for Super Bowl Sunday and it was just us (my husband, daughter and I) who ate them, but I'm certain you could double this recipe for a party.  Maybe triple??  Believe me, they won't last long if you bring them somewhere.  We had one left from that night and I ate it cold the next day!  I figured, if you can do it with pizza...why not?  It was great.  Honestly, I wish I had made more.  But, they are so super simple, you can whip up a batch in minutes!! 

Makes 6 muffins

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 tablespoon dried basil 
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup chopped pepperoni

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 6 cup muffin pan.  In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes.  Whisk in the milk and egg.  Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.  

Stir the batter and divide among the muffin pan.  Bake until puffed, 20 to 25 minutes.  Serve the puffs with marinara sauce for dipping.

(Adapted from Rachel Ray's recipe)
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved