Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Double Decker BLTs

So, don't laugh that I'm posting this as a recipe, it's just that this sandwich is...awesome!!  So great for a quick weeknight dinner, which is exactly what I ended up making it for.  I just recently started eating bacon (again, don't laugh, but I never was a big fan) and I love BLTs now.  And double decker??  Yum!!  The bacon has to be super duper crispy, I guess almost burnt for me to enjoy it and luckily my husband doesn't seem to mind too much.  :)

There's another reason I'm posting this...did you ever just draw a complete blank about what to make for dinner or are just so sick of your dinner rotations?  I feel like sometimes, even the simplest recipes can give you new ideas for dinner.  It's a "why didn't I think of that" moment...but now you did!  Enjoy! 

Makes 2 sandwiches

6 pieces of white or wheat bread, toasted
2 ripe tomatoes
About 1/2 pack bacon
Romaine lettuce
Mayonnaise 

Place your bacon strips in a cold skillet on medium-high.  Cook until done to your taste.  Meanwhile, toast all 6 pieces of bread and slather each piece with mayonnaise.  Slice the tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick and tear off a couple of good pieces of Romaine lettuce.  

Lay out 2 slices of your bread and place 2 slices of tomatoes on each, followed by 2 slices of bacon broken in half so you have 4 strips going across.  Top with Romaine.  Place another slice of bread on each and repeat!  Top with remaining slice of bread and cut in half.  
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved