Sunday, January 11, 2015

Blueberry and Almond Baked Oatmeal

I've been meaning to try a baked oatmeal dish for sometime now and had the perfect excuse this weekend - brunch!  A group of Beachbody coaches in the area were getting together for a quarterly event called Super Saturday and we decided to make it pot luck.


I found a basic recipe and went from there, using ingredients that I had on hand.  In this case, it was a bag of frozen blueberries, almonds and dark chocolate chips.  You could so easily substitute other berries or a different nut in this.


Oh man is this good!!  I doubled this recipe (so just know you can do that and it turns out great!) so I had some for the brunch and some for at home this week.  We ate it cold, but I bet it would be fantastic warmed up with a drizzle of maple syrup.


That touch of dark chocolate chips is ridiculous in this!  There's not much, and feel free to leave out if you like, but getting that extra hint of sweetness just makes this dish.  SO good!!

Serves 8-10 

Blueberry and Almond Baked Oatmeal

2 cups old fashion oats
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 cups milk
1 egg
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan (or pie dish) with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix the oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half of the almonds, half of the chocolate chips and half of the blueberries.

In another bowl, mix the milk, egg, honey and vanilla extract.  Add the oat mixture to the baking dish and pour the milk mixture over the whole thing.  Add the remaining almonds, chocolate chips and berries in a single layer on top.  Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the milk has set.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved