Monday, June 30, 2014

Avocado Toasts

I'll say it again - I'm addicted to avocados this summer.  Every which way!  In guacamole, on sandwiches, sliced plain with a pinch of sea salt.  But this...to die for. 


Avocado mashed with green onion and cilantro.  So simple, so fresh and the BEST appetizer!  I served ours on a multi-grain baguette that I drizzled with some olive oil, then toasted.  I first had this years ago when my sister served it at a dinner at my mom's house.  I can see why she said she made it all the time!  

Serves 2

Avocado Toasts

4 slices from a baguette
Olive oil
1 avocado
1 green onion
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lay the slices of bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.  Toast in the oven until they start to turn golden, about 5-8 minutes.  

Meanwhile, cut and scoop out the insides of an avocado and place in a small bowl.  Dice the green onion, using the white and green parts and add to the bowl.  Add the cilantro and a pinch of sea salt and mash everything together with a fork.  

Evenly distribute the avocado mixture onto each slice of toast.  Serve immediately.  

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved