Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saturday Morning Potatoes

I'm calling these Saturday Morning Potatoes because they are a creation from leftovers we had Friday night.  For a quick side dish, I make roasted potatoes with Lipton Onion Soup Mix (the recipe is right on the box!).  It's one of my favorites - and too easy!  I always make enough to have leftovers and thought they would make perfect breakfast potatoes.  You start with 2 pounds of red potatoes, but I had about a pound leftover after dinner. 


To crisp them up, heat them through and add a little more flavor, I tossed them with a bit of vegetable oil and about a 1/4 cup of chopped green pepper.  

Serves 2-3

Saturday Morning Potatoes

1 pound Lipton Onion-Roasted Potatoes
1 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped frozen green bell pepper
salt and pepper

Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add cold leftover potatoes and bell pepper; mix together.  Spread out to make an even layer and toss a few times to crisp the potatoes and heat everything through.  Salt and pepper to taste.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved