Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Spicy Turkey Burgers with Avocado-Ranch Dressing

My husband and I have been grilling fools lately.  Probably a combination of the awesome weather we've been having, a new grill and a fantastic new brick courtyard we built.  But we are spending more time than ever outside.  At any rate, we grilled these turkey burgers the other night and they are amazing.  The burger itself is very simply seasoned, but garnished with spicy cheese, avocado-ranch dressing and if you like, a tomato and more avocado (yes, please!) makes it pretty sensational. 


The avocado-ranch dressing really cools down the spiciness of the pepper jack cheese and the burger itself.   Such a great combination!!  I make this sauce often - it's also fantastic with Southwestern egg rolls. 

Makes 4 burgers and 1 1/2 cups dressing 

Spicy Turkey Burgers

1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon McCormick spicy grill seasoning
4 slices pepper jack cheese
4 good rolls (I used ciabatta)

Avocado-Ranch Dressing
1 cup ranch dressing
1 avocado, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried dill

Preheat grill to medium-high heat.  Divide the turkey into 4 equal parts and form each section into patties.  Make an indentation with your thumb in the middle of each patty to prevent the tops of the burgers from rounding.  Use the tablespoon of grill seasoning to sprinkle evenly over each one.  Place on grill and close lid, grilling for 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are cooked throughout (165 degrees using a meat thermometer).

Make the sauce: in a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mash with a fork (or I used my potato masher!).  Serve over the turkey burgers or as a dipping sauce or dressing.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved