Friday, April 12, 2013

Easy Peasy Egg Salad

Egg salad is perfect for lunch but this is such a great recipe for a quick weeknight dinner when you have everybody running every which way (games, gym, school events, etc).  It keeps for a couple of days so it's perfect to make on a Sunday night and have it for lunch and/or dinner a couple of times.  I buy my eggs in bulk (no seriously, we go through eggs like they're going out of style) so I always have plenty on hand to make this. 


Perfect paired with a piece of toasted white or wheat bread and a leaf of Romaine lettuce.  Serve with chips for a quick lunch or I made my Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries for dinner one night.    

Makes 4-6 sandwiches

Easy Peasy Egg Salad

1 dozen eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 tablespoons sugar
2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper

Place eggs in a large pot and fill with water so they are covered about an inch.  Place on the stove top on high until the water starts to boil.  Remove the pot from the heat and cover with a lid for 12 minutes (PERFECT hard boiled eggs every time!).  After the 12 minutes is up, drain the water, peel the eggs, chop and place in a large bowl.  

To make the dressing - in a small bowl, whisk the mayo, mustard, sugar and apple cider vinegar until combined.  At this point, I always taste it to see if it needs more vinegar (we like ours a little tangy).  Pour the sauce over the hard boiled eggs, salt and pepper to taste and stir gently.  Serve egg salad on toasted white or wheat bread.  

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved