Thursday, November 15, 2012

Magic Bars

Here's another one of those cookies that there are plenty of versions of...you might call them Layer Bars or 7 Layer Bars.  We've always called them Magic Bars and I usually only break this recipe out around Christmas time.  Yesterday, I guess I was just feeling a little festive!  Plus I had all the ingredients (minus the nuts which I usually omit anyway) and we needed a cookie in the house.  We always need some sort of sweet something in the house!  


I used a mix of baking chunks and regular semi-sweet chocolate chips.  I had them both in the cupboard, but you can use any size, any variety you like.


Right out of the oven...


I love how the sweetened condensed milk gives the edges sort of a caramel color and texture.




Magic Bars

1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a 9x13 pan, melt the margarine in the oven.  Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the melted margarine, then pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over entire pan.  Top with remaining ingredients and press down firmly.  Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.  Cool and chill and cut into bars.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved