Monday, May 17, 2010

Sweet Potato Puree

We were so excited to find out Jules was ready to start eating solid foods! I knew from the get-go that I was going to make her own baby food because I wanted her first tastes to be fresh, delicious and wholesome.  


Sweet potatoes were her first real food!  Our Jules...she kept grabbing the spoon and obviously could not get enough.  It is SO easy to make baby food at home.  Too easy not to do!   


Sweet Potato Puree

2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
dash of cinnamon, optional

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Pierce the sweet potatoes with a small knife and place on a baking sheet. Roast until wrinkled and tender when pierced with a knife, 45-60 minutes. Cool.

Halve the sweet potatoes and scoop out insides.  Add to a food processor or Baby Bullet, with the cinnamon (if using) and puree until smooth. Add breast milk, formula or water to the consistency your baby can handle.

The puree will stay in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved