Thursday, July 17, 2014

Coconut Peanut Butter Granola Bars

I'm addicted to making granola bars!!  So easy and my kids LOVE them.  I'm always looking for new add-ins and flavors.  These are ridiculously good.  I cut them into mini squares and they were perfect for my little ones.  P.S. these are made with all clean eating ingredients (except for the chocolate chips, which you can omit)!!   

Makes approximately 24 square bars

Coconut Peanut Butter Granola Bars

1 cup Earth Balance coconut peanut butter spread (or use regular peanut butter)
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sea salt
6 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey and maple syrup and heat for 30 seconds.  Stir until everything melts and combines together.  Add the vanilla and sea salt, stir to combine.  Stir in all of the dry ingredients.

Spoon granola mixture into the lined pan and press down firmly.  At this point, you could also roll them into bite sized balls.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.  Turn pan upside down onto a cutting board and peel back the foil.  Cut into squares or rectangles, whichever you prefer.  Keep in fridge because they do get very soft at room temperature.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved