Saturday, August 31, 2013

Spicy Corn Dip

It's Football Saturday!!  In our house, that means one thing - good food and lots of it!  Corn dip has become a staple for football games since we moved to Savannah 6 years ago.  Our friends from Louisiana first introduced it to us and we've been hooked ever since.  She actually served hers warm in small Crock Pot and it was SO good.  This version is a cold version, from my sister-in-law and I think we love it equally as much.  


Probably a bit easier to keep something cold than warm at a tailgate or picnic - we've had this plenty for both types of events!  It's always a hit.   


Serve with crunchy tortilla chips, butter crackers, pita chips, whatever your preference.  Anything that you'll be able to scoop a big bite of this dip!  Kroger now has this blend of cheese called Fiesta Blend - it's shredded sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheeses mixed with jalapeno peppers and spices.  That's what I used this time, but I've also used a Nacho/Taco blend or regular sharp cheddar cheese.  

Spicy Corn Dip

2 cans Mexicorn
1 can Rotel
1 (8 oz) container sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
dash sugar

Drain Mexicorn and Rotel.  Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight to blend flavors.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved