Monday, February 15, 2010

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies are by far my favorite cookie. That being the case, I always have the ingredients on hand to make them. The recipe for chocolate chip cookies is simple and rarely will you find one that differs from another (you can find it on the back of EVERY brand of chocolate chips)...unless you are adding walnuts, oats, etc. 


I started toying around with the recipe to see if I could get a crispier on the outside, still gooey in the middle type of cookie. And, this is it! The dough is thicker than it typically is, so it's kind of hard work stirring in the chips at the end, but so worth it.  

Makes 3 Dozen

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup room temperature butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together, set aside.

Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then add the vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients until well blended, then stir in the chocolate chips. Using a small cookie scoop (approximately 2 tablespoons) drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 14-15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved