Thursday, February 18, 2010

Banana Bread

I always have the best of intentions when I buy fruit, but more than half the time I feel like I throw out more than I eat. It just seems to go bad so quickly! Bananas are the worst, I swear just a couple of days and they are already black. Here is my tasty solution to those too ripe to eat bananas...in fact, the riper, the better! This basic recipe is also fantastic with 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, walnuts or pecans. Just add them in at the very end right before pouring into the loaf pan.

Makes 1 loaf

Banana Bread

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup buttermilk *

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer, combine the oil and sugar. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and add to sugar mixture. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into a well-greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.

*No buttermilk? Add 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar to 1 cup milk; let sour for 5 minutes.

(Source:  Adapted from Paula Deen
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved