Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Chocolate Banana "Ice Cream"

I'll admit, I was totally skeptical about this recipe when I first saw it.  There's a secret ingredient in this chocolate banana ice cream that you don't typically think of when you are making a dessert. Avocado!  Seriously!  


But I tried it.  And I'm SO glad I did.  Not only is it delicious and you cannot tell there is avocado, but my kids LOVED it!  They kept asking for more chocolate ice cream, please!!  The avocado simply makes it extra creamy...and amazing.   


So easy to make - throw all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend.  If you are like me, you might sneak a taste or two (or a bowl) before you put it in the freezer because it's THAT good. Hey, just call it soft serve! 

Makes about 3 cups 

Chocolate Banana "Ice Cream"

3 medium frozen bananas, sliced'
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2-3 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey

In a bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and mix until smooth.  Taste for sweetness and add more syrup if necessary.  Pour into a freezer container and freeze for about 2 hours before serving.

(Source: adapted from Diet Taste)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved