Friday, July 26, 2013

Pesto Chicken Pizza

I'm not going to lie - this is probably the best thing I've ever made - EVER.  My husband agreed.  I try not to overwhelm my readers with too many pictures, but I could have put like 15 more up.  Not only is it delicious, but it's just an absolutely beautiful dish!


Tomatoes, hunks of fresh mozzarella, a pesto base AND chicken tossed in the pesto - how gorgeous is this?  Hard to believe something this gourmet looking took me all of 15 minutes to put together.  I used my pizza dough, already made (because I always have some in the fridge or freezer) and the Basil Pesto I just made last week. 


 I rolled the dough super thin, so it got crispy and so yummy...this would be so awesome on the grill too! The tomatoes took on this roasted flavor (love roasted tomatoes!) which was just one reason this is one perfect pizza.  I mean look at that melted mozzarella!  

Serves 6

Pesto Chicken Pizza

1 pound Pizza Dough
1 cup pesto (homemade or store bought), divided
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
5 Campari tomatoes (or 3 Roma), sliced
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella

Preheat oven to 375 degrees with pizza stone inside.  Cook the chicken with a little salt and pepper, then toss with 1/4 cup of pesto.  Set aside.  Roll out dough on floured surface to as thin as you like.
Pull out the preheated pizza stone, spray with non-stick spray and lay out dough (here's a hint - when you are ready to move the rolled out dough to the stone, roll it up on your rolling pin, carrying it over the stone and roll it back out. Works perfectly every time!).  Spread the remaining 3/4 cup of pesto on dough, leaving about a 1/2 inch border.  Top with chicken, tomato slices, and chunks of mozzarella.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until dough is crispy and cheese is melted. 
  Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved