Thursday, April 9, 2015

Microwave Apple Cinnamon Chips

If you read my post on my Microwave Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Chips, then you know I didn't have a mandoline when I first made those.  But I bought one!  And now I'm on this kick to try all sorts of other types of "chips"!  


These apple chips are yummy!!  They are more like those chewy apple slices, not the crispy ones.  I did not core mine, but you can before you slice them.  I liked the look of the little "flower" in the middle.  Pretty, right?


I usually buy Gala or Figi apples, but you can use your favorite kind.  My kids loved watching how the edges curled up when I took the slices out of the microwave.  What they didn't love was the harder pieces in the middle because I didn't core them.  Lesson learned for next time!  It might make for a prettier picture, but that was sort of lost on the kiddos...

Serves 2

Microwave Apple Cinnamon Chips

2 apples, washed and dried
cinnamon, to taste

Core the apple if you like and thinly slice into 1/8-inch rounds using a mandoline or a sharp knife.  Line your microwave tray or a microwave-safe plate with a paper towel or parchment paper.  Place a few of the apples in a single layer (you'll make a couple of batches) and dust with cinnamon.

Microwave for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes until the edges of the apples start to curl up.  Watch closely around the 3 1/2 or 4 minute mark - the smaller pieces may start to turn brown in the middle.  Remove from microwave and let stand until cooled.  Repeat with remaining slices.  Serve immediately.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved