Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chocolate Dipped Loaded Rice Krispie Treats

These are certainly "loaded", don't you think?  I made these as a special Valentine's Day treat, so obviously chose lots of pinks and reds for the sprinkles and candy.  So easy to make all year round and use other colors for different Holidays! 


I started out by having a plate of sprinkles, which I dipped the first bar I coated in chocolate in.  It just seemed too messy...the sprinkles got all chocolaty and it really didn't even look pretty!  So, for the rest, I just dipped in chocolate, then sprinkled the sprinkles on top - I also tried to get on the sides a little.  Then, I stuck the M&M's on, making sure they wouldn't fall off.  


I made just half the pan coated in chocolate, and left the other half with just the sprinkles mixed in.  I wrote the recipe so you'll have enough to dip all the bars in chocolate if you like! 

Makes 15 bars

Chocolate Dipped Loaded Rice Krispie Treats

1/4 cup butter
1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1/2 cup sprinkles, plus more for sprinkling
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
M&M's or other candy pieces

In a large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows on low, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.  Add cereal and sprinkles and stir until both are coated in marshmallow mixture.

Spread in a greased 9 x 13- inch pan and cool completely.  Cut into bars.

In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.  Line a baking sheet with wax paper and place next to bowl of chocolate.  Take one Rice Krispie treat and dip it halfway into the melted chocolate, shaking off the excess.  Place dipped bar on the baking sheet lined with wax paper.  Immediately top with more sprinkles and M&M's.  Let cool until chocolate sets.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved