Friday, January 18, 2013

Graham Cracker Eclair Cake

Don't ya just love a good no-bake dessert?  This graham cracker cake is so super simple and so
incredibly tasty.  Use your favorite vanilla pudding mix - I used the 5-minute kind because I'm all about instant gratification.  I was able to assemble this cake in under 15 minutes!  


The graham cracker layers, as the cake sits in the fridge, become soft and the whole consistency changes.  It evolves into this utterly moist and decadent cake!   Not exactly the prettiest of desserts, but I don't mind if you don't...


You will need 4 packages of graham crackers, although I made do with just 3.  What happened was I didn't have enough to cover my layers completely with the crackers and the icing sort of slid down the sides.  But, even though the icing appears thin, it was still great.  Just 4 packages would be better in my opinion.    


Graham Cracker Eclair Cake

3-4 sleeves of graham crackers (the more the better)
1 (5 oz) package of vanilla instant pudding (6 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Prepare the vanilla pudding according to package directions (mine called for 3 cups of cold milk).  Set aside until it's set (instant is 5 minutes).

Line a 9x13 baking dish with a layer of graham crackers, breaking them as needed to fill in so it completely covers the bottom.  Top with 1/2 of the pudding.  Repeat with another layer of graham crackers, then the rest of the pudding and ending with a top layer of graham crackers.  Set aside.

Make the icing:  Combine butter and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.  Allow to cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.  Whisk in the milk and cook another few minutes.  Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.  Once smooth, whisk in the vanilla.

Immediately pour the hot icing over the top layer of graham crackers and smooth out.  Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.  Serve chilled.

(Source:  Adapted from The Apron Archives)

  Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved