Monday, June 4, 2012

Light and Easy Margaritas

I'm back!!  Did you miss me?  :)  I was visiting friends and family in Pennsylvania for two weeks and am so happy to be getting back to blogging!  We had an exhausting weekend...drove all day Saturday to get from PA back to Savannah - with 2 kids mind you.  A 2 1/2 year old and 7 month old.  Yup.  We're nuts.  Took us 14 hours, and it was painful.  If we hadn't gotten in so late on Saturday, I absolutely would have made this drink that night after the drive.  Instead, I made a great dinner on Sunday, Shrimp Tacos (stay tuned!) and these margaritas were just the right match.  I adapted this recipe from here, but it only had the recipe for an individual drink.  I mean, who are they kidding, right?  I had to play around with it to make a batch because when I just doubled or tripled everything it was way too sugary and sweet.  My pitcher version of these is so good and refreshing.  We love ours with salt, but you can obviously omit that.  Cheers!! 

Serves 4-6

4 cups Spite Zero (or Diet)
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of lime juice (fresh or from the bottle - I've used both with no taste difference)
2 tablespoons lemonade mix (I used Country Time, but you can use Crystal Light for an even lighter drink!)
4-5 oz of Tequila 

Combine Sprite, lime juice and lemonade mix in a pitcher.  Stir to combine and add Tequila.  Stir again.  Pour salt out on a plate and wet the rim of your glass, dip in salt.  Fill your cup with ice and pour the margarita.  Enjoy!  

(Source:  Adapted from finallychelle on My Fitness Pal)
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved